Get a Plan in Columbus
Does your family know what to do in the case of a flood, storm, fire or other disaster in your home or community? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why creating an emergency family plan now is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergency. Paul Davis recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form