Does your family know what to do in case of a storm, fire, flood or other disaster to your home or community? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other essentials in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form