Reliable Smoke Damage Experts
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can damage both to your house and your family.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Your home can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your HVAC system.
- To push out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent soot damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the fire repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (614) 367-9611. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.