Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that resides in your house or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be practically impossible for you to prevent mold entering your residence. You need to take action as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the kind of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert who will develop the best way to treat it and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your property along with major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it’s found in, this means the longer it remains untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the range of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with making your house healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. This is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder weather, Fusarium is pink or coral in color and is most commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.